eBooks are here to stay.
LibrisPro specializes in e-book formatting for small presses, self-publishers, and authors whose previous books are now out of print and the rights have reverted back to them.
Reasons to Convert to eBooks:
- keep your back and mid-list titles “in print”
- no printing costs
- no warehousing or shipping costs
- replaces the mass market paperback
Basic eBook Conversion
Want your book(s) available for use on e-readers? It’s not quite as simple as creating a PDF file and throwing it up on your website.
While there are e-book conversion services that require no upfront fees to you, they use automated software that creates a one-size-fits-all product. The trouble is—one size does not always fit all. A file that looks fabulous on a Kindle may not shine on an iPad. And an EPUB file that is created by your typesetting software may not look good when converted to a Kindle file.
When we accept your e-book project, we will discuss your needs and recommend the file types that are best for you. We hand-code your original files and then use software specifically created to convert that code into a customized, clean, and pretty e-book in a variety of file formats.
LibrisPro Basic conversion includes:
• Conversion to HTML formatting from your clean and final .rtf and .pdf file
• Embedded cover image, provided by you
• Linked Table of Contents (up to 30 links)
• Up to three other images, provided by you (ex: publisher logo, title page, author photo, other books by publisher, etc.)
• Up to three URL or e-mail links, provided by you (ex: publisher and/or author websites and blogs)
• Delivery of final e-book in popular file formats (for Kindle, iPad, Nook and others) ready for uploading to your website or other online stores.
In addition to the Basic eBook Conversion/Coding, LibrisPro offers the following add-ons for an additional price:
• Clean RTF extraction from a PDF file
• Tiered Table of Contents
• Extra images or links
• Conversion of tables and charts to images
• Footnotes converted to Endnotes
• Reciprocal links for Endnotes
• Page numbering links
• Indexing—Indexing is not really needed as all e-reader devices have a search feature. However, if you really want an index, one can be provided with or without reciprocal links.